We are bursting with excitement after being selected one of the cutting-edge web design startups in Washington for 2021 by The Startup Pill, which annually salutes a handful of companies for innovative ideas and products in digital design. An article showcasing those making the list noted, “These startups and companies are taking a variety of approaches to innovating the web design industry, but all are exceptional companies well worth a follow.”
We’re deeply honored. To be named an innovative web design firm is a testament to the incredible passion the Formulate team has for web design.
Who are we?
We are a small group of creatives committed to raising the standards of excellence of website design and development. Using innovative technologies and advanced digital concepts tailored to clients' individual needs, we help elevate their digital presence and excite customers.
Keeping on top of innovation and integrating technology is part of what sets us apart. And now that our ability to innovate has been officially called out, here are some innovative trends to keep in mind as you consider your web strategy moving forward:
· Up your design game with3D illustrations. One of the most popular design trends of 2021 is 3D illustrations. Today's top 3D designers have work booked through the end of the year. Thanks to advancements in software, we will see much more of these eye-catching three-dimensionalshapes to promote brands.
· Ditch formal prose—keepit conversational. Overly formal content is outdated. People want content they can relate to, which means ensuring it isn’t stuffy or pretentious.
· Choose a great team. Creatives feed off one another, so there can be significant value to working with brand identity designers, animators, developers, icon designers, etc. When these specialists join forces, there is nothing better.
· Make it bigger. No. It's not just you. Typography is getting bigger and bolder these days. To stand out in a sea of content and increase readability, a large font is both approachable and aggressive at the same time. Extreme-sized typefaces with large weight are attention-grabbing.
· Use neumorphic cards. What’s a neumorphic card? It’s a raised shape that extrudes from the background, made of the same material.
· Consider animated brand assets. Brand assets that movecan be eye-catching or distracting. Work with the right team to ensure yours fall in the former category, not the latter.
We partner with transformational marketing teams to design purposeful campaigns,construct meaningful interfaces, and launch products that arouse excitement.From naming to design and user experiences, we help win the hearts and minds of customers. Your story is ours. Let's create together!